Thunder Tower Harley-Davidson®Rider's Edge
New Rider Course
- Friendly, enthusiastic Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) certified Instructors make learning a breeze.
- Classroom time gets you familiar with the bike, its controls and the inner workings of a Harley-Davidson dealership.
- Learn the basic motorcycling skills on the range with a Buell® Blast® provided by the dealership.
- Successful course completion may streamline your motorcycle licensing process and may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
or Learn More
Skilled Rider Course
- Use your own bike (or a rental) and build your skills on a closed course rider training range.
- Enhance the following skills: control at low speeds, risk management, limited space maneuvers, cornering judgment, stopping quickly in a curve, swerving and stopping quickly, multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects.
- Successful course completion may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
or Learn More
PLEASE NOTE - Payment for all classes is NON-REFUNDABLE. Classes may be rescheduled to a later date, however no monies will be returned. The Rider´s Edge New Rider Course provides you with 25 hours of expert guidance from Motorcycle Safety FoundationÂ® (MSF) and H-DÂ® Certified Instructors.
In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
On the practice range, you´ll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
Getting Your License
When you finish the course, you´ll get a MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card. The card may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance! Contact your insurance provider for details.
On-site South Carolina DMV testing is available following your successful completion of the entire course. This allows you to take the riding portion of the SCDMV test on the same motorcycle and range you learned - and in a friendly, non-rushed atmosphere.
What You´ll Need
For the New Rider Course, you´ll need a valid automobile driver´s license or learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle. If you plan to take advantage of our on-site SCDMV testing, you will also have to have your SC Motorcycle Learner's Permit.
For the riding portion, Thunder Tower will provide you with a Buell Blast motorcycle for the course. You'll have to bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements